A strong and potent antibacterial honey that has a high level of bioactivity.
Ideal for a wide variety of uses to enhance wellbeing and general health.
The higher the MGO reading the higher the antibacterial and antimicrobial levels of activity in the honey.
To put it in context, an MGO of 400 means it is a potent bioactive honey that will have strong antibacterial activity, whilst MGO 900 means the honey is very potent and it is the strongest antibacterial manuka honey we offer.
- The MGO you choose really should be dependent on your intended use and how strong you want the antibacterial activity to be.
- It is delicious to eat, but it can of course be used topically.
- It contains antioxidants which can help protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- It can help support the immune system (it’s really useful to have handy when the cough, cold and sore throat season is with us!)
- It can help provide temporary relief from some gastric conditions, as well as relief from mouth ulcers, sore gums etc.
- It can also aid digestion.
- It is very useful as an aid with some skin conditions and the treatment of minor wounds.
Berringa Honey is an organic bioactive honey containing anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
The Berringa Honey range is certified organic, conforming to BFA/ACO standards, which are worlds best practice.
We choose to use Methylglyoxal (MGO) readings as research has found that other testing methods have become unreliable, and MGO is said to be a more accurate form of testing manuka honeys antibacterial and antimicrobial activity.
We only use NATA laboratories for all of our testing and research. NATA accredited laboratories are globally accepted and recognised for their independent assurance of technical competence through best practice.